First year Results:
- Conducted 10 open mic stigma reduction campaign events across Missouri at universities with a total of 462 participants
- Collected 121 Evaluations of these program
- Developed Partnerships with 16 different student organizations at universities
- Conducted 10 health fairs using the rolling bicycle based health fair display booth with a total of 531 people contacted
- Created a website, Facebook, and Twitter account
- Presented program information at three outside additional events
- Distributed 200 “What a Difference a Friend Makes” brochures along with 100 Recovery brochures and SAMHA posters from stigma reduction campaigns.
- Distributed 600 Poetry for Personal Power Program Flyers
Second Year Stigma Reduction Campaign Results:
Hosted 16 poetry open mic stigma reduction campaign events on the theme of “overcoming adversity” at 10 universities, 4 community colleges, 1 poetry bar, and 1 high school.
- Total of 830 young adults attend our program (almost double last year’s count)
- 197 poets entering our open mic contests
- 163 poems uploaded to You-Tube
- 7642 You-Tube Upload Views
- 5,508 Website Visits,
- 8,187 Webpage Views
- 227 Facebook Fan, 140,863 friends of Fans
- 191 Twitter Followers, 30.70 percentile Impact Score according to Twitalyzer
- $4831.00 gathered in In-Kind Donations
- 15 Schools entered in Impact Challenge
- 43 pairs of students partnered in our Listening Challenge to talk to each other if they needed support.
- 22 News Stories and Media Reports
- Shared many personal stories of recovery, and dispelled many myths about mental illness.
- Worked with many different partner and grassroots organizations, and we coordinated people with local advocacy organization and service providers.
- Allowed emotional suffering and personal difficulties to become a topic of discussion
Third year accomplishments:
- Held 15 university events with 136 total listening challenge commitments, 195 poets participating (some are duplicates), 855 audience members (some are duplicates), and an average audience size of 57 people per event
- Hosted 50 replications events in 7 states: MO, IL, GA, FL, KS, NH, MA. 11 poets reporting replication events: Summer Javadi, Corinna West, Sara Glass, Doug Rosenbrook, Greg Patterson, Bill Peck, Adrienne Draper, Angela Roulette, Richard Washington, Aja LaStarr, Brandon Thornton. Collected 67 total listening challenge commitments, 300 poets participating (some are duplicates), 2324 audience members (some are duplicates), and an average audience size of 47 people per event.
- During the 12 month grant period, we had, 6,959 total visits to the website, 10,589 pageviews to the site, Each visitor looked at an average of 1.52 Pages / Visit.