After your nonprofit hosts a Poetry for Personal Power overcoming adversity event, then you are eligible for our follow up support:
1) Poetry events and Outreach Opportunities – we can distribute information about your agency at our other upcoming events
2) The concept of income for mental health programming – We can help your organizations document mental health outcomes. This means more funding available for your existing programming and existing audiences (plus a bit of outreach). We can suggest a few outcomes measurement ideas and refer you to recovery movement organizations specializing in gathering outcomes. We can prepare a review report showing potential funding sources, outcomes gathering processes, and potential additional collaborators.
3) Staff training in
- local resilience friendly resources to help people in mental health crisis: We can provide a local referral list for cities where we do more extensive work
- trauma-informed care (via referrals to our partners)
- building a targeted resource collection: resources: see an excellent book and media list here: http://www.power2u.org/mm5/merchant.mvc?
- in Mental Health First Aid: We don’t support mental health first aid but we reccommend eCPR: http://www.emotional-cpr.org/
- one hour Wellbeing Impact training delivered by our staff
4) Support for your organization to take a Wellbeing Impact Screening for one of your programs
5) Support in grant writing related to mental health
Pics from our 2016 Event at MyArts in Independence, MO: