Hospital Avoidance Customers

We are ready to serve all of the following types of Hospital Avoidance customers

  • Health homes – Improve your overall care for people by integrating community, mental health, and substance use treatment in the community. Improve outcomes and reduce overall costs.
  • Juvenile Justice – Our program Supports youth alternatives to detention and youth disproportionate minority contact regulations which are very similar to our hospital avoidance model. These approaches are required by federal mandate and your state can increase compliance by contracting with our peer support network.
  • ACOs – Your clients can benefit great from the 70% hospital avoidance that peer support programs can provide.
  • HMOs – reduce your Per member per day payments by utilizing peer support.
  • Other value based health care funders that are ready to save on hospital costs.

Technology is ever evolving while the human experience is becoming extinct. More people are existing only in the cyber world which increases mental health concerns, especially for the young adults we serve. In our coaching programs, we connect youth in with basic life skills but also with each other. Poetry for Personal weaves all three prongs of peer support together to plug people back into their community.

According to a study by Scott miller at KU, 85% of the benefit of therapy is about the relationship built. So a phone app can only do 15% of the work, but you need to connect with other humans to get the other 85% of the benefit. Our network building is simple yet it provides a 455% return on investment for HMO’s, ACO’s, health homes and other value based health funders ready for the hospital avoidance cost savings.

Poetry for Personal Power surveyed 530 young adults over the summer of 2016 and asked them, "What is one change you can make?" Honoring requests like these is key to hospital avoidance.

Poetry for Personal Power surveyed 530 young adults over the summer of 2016 and asked them, “What is one change you can make?” Honoring requests like these is key to hospital avoidance.